The Federation of European Protistological Societies (FEPS) is established as a non-profit association of national and cross-national European Societies of Protistology and fewer formal national groups of protistology to market analysis and education within the whole field of protistology, to stimulate and expand collaborations between groups from completely different European countries and to support young protistologists. Special stress are going to be place upon the support of European Congresses of Protistology. Further, European conferences and workshops on special topics of protistology shall be supported. The FEPS has no property. National protistological societies may declare membership to the FEPS by signature of their presidents on a separate document that is then added to this founding constitution. Declarations square measure accepted and kept by the Secretary General of the FEPS. The federation is open to the protistological societies of all European countries. FEPS is ruled by the FEPS Council that’s shaped by delegates of the member societies. Delegates square measure the presidents of the national societies or their representatives. The FEPS council meets at the eu Congresses of Protistology. The FEPS council meets at the eu Congresses of Protistology. A secretary general is elective for the administration and coordinative work of the federation. The Secretary General is to be elective for four years at the eu Congresses of Protistology by the FEPS council; re-election is feasible. A Secretary General is elective for the administration and coordinative work of the federation. The secretary general is being elective for four years at the eu Congresses of Protistology by the FEPS council; re-election is feasible. The Congress comprises plenary lectures conferred by outstanding scientists, a variety of subject-specific symposia to supply the most recent updates in different areas of protists analysis, extensive poster communications, and alternative activities (e.g. arts and science). The Congress is held every four years in countries that have a Constituent Society of FEPS.
Founding Constitution of FEPS_2006
FEPS General Secretaries:
- Prof. Dr. Klaus Hausmann (2008-2011)
Institute of Biology/Zoology, Free University of Berlin, WG Protozoology
Königin-Luise- Str.1-3,14195 Berlin, Germany.
- Prof. Dr. Aurelio Serrano (2012-2015)
Instituto de Bioquímica Vegetal y Fotosíntesis, CSIC-Universidad de Sevilla
Av. Americo Vespucio 49, 41092 Sevilla, Spain
- Prof. Dr. Maria Cristina Angelici (2016-2019)
Department of Environment and Health, Istituto Superiore di Sanità
V. le Regina Elena 299, 00161, Rome, Italy
- Prof. Dr. Julia Walochnik (2020-2023)
Institute of Specific Prophylaxis and Tropical Medicine, Medical University of Vienna, Kinderspitalgasse 15, 1090 Vienna, Austria
The fourth FEPS Council approved the appointment of Dr. Julia Walochnik, President of German Society of Protozoology 2017-2019, to be the General Secretary of FEPS for the period 2020-2023.
Vienna, Austria was approved by the fourth FEPS council as the venue of the next IX ECOP, which will again be a joint meeting with ISOP, from July 9-14, 2023
Current Trends in Protistology Research at the VII ECOP-ISOP Joint Meeting 2015
Protistological Societies of Europe
- Italian Society of Protistology (SIPonlus)
- German Society for Protozoology – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Protozoologie
- Protistology United Kingdom
- Czech Section of Protozoology
- Belgian society of Protozoology
- Groupement des Protistologues de Langue Française
- The Israel Society for Parasitology, Protozoology and Tropical Diseases
- Protozoological Society, affiliated with Russian Academy of Sciences (PS RAS)
- Scandinavian Section of the Society of Protozoologists
- Specialized Group of Protistology (Grupo Especializado de Prostistologia, GEP) of the Spanish Society of Microbiology (SEM)
- Ukrainian Scientific Society of Parasitologists
You must be logged in to post a comment.